How we collect your personal data
We may collect your personal data in a number of ways, for example:
• when you give us your personal data, for example by providing us with an email or any other information or documentation;
• when we contact you by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
• when you contact us through our website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any
• when we deal with any enquiries you make to us;
• when we collect publicly available information about you.
When you provide data about yourself to us, you are deemed to have consented to our collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may also obtain data from you by way of details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to location data, traffic data and usage of a desktop or tablet device. This information generally will not contain personal data but will be metadata (please see section on cookies below for further details).
When we collect and process your personal data
We may collect and process your personal data at any of the following times:
• during any stage of the application process for an advertised position, for example:
i. when you apply to an ad either through the formal application
process as detailed on our website or by any other means; and
iii. when we carry out any telephone, face-to-face or other type of interaction in
connection with the NEDclassified website.
Personal data that we process is information that is reasonably necessary for the proper performance of operating the NEDclassified services.
What types of personal data do we collect?
We may collect the following types your personal data:
• your email address and other contact information.
Using and storing your personal data
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
• to ensure that the information we hold about you is kept up-to-date;
• to ensure consistency throughout the application process and the running of the NEDclassified website;
• to allow us to make improvements to the application process and the running of NEDclassified;
• to contact you in relation to other related opportunities;
• to deal with any problems or complaints that arise in relation to using the NEDclassified website; and
• for any other purpose for which you give us your personal data.
We may store and retain your personal data in order to carry out any of the uses specified above.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data may be shared with or accessed by:
• our directors, officers or representatives in the UK and abroad;
• our professional advisors; and
• government bodies, regulatory authorities and law enforcement agencies (including for the purpose of CRB and similar checks);
• third parties who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data;
• any successor to the activities of this organisation.
We will ordinarily process your data throughout the course of our interactions and will only retain it till you inform us otherwise.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us at email@example.com.
You may ask us to confirm what information we hold about you at any time, and request us to modify, update or delete such information. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. If you request further copies of this information from us, we may charge you a reasonable administrative cost where legally permissible. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request we will always tell you the reasons for doing so.
At all times, you have the right to report a concern or lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner in Jersey. Please refer to https://oicjersey.org or by calling them on +44 (0)1534 716530. Of course, we hope that we can resolve your issue quickly and fairly ourselves.
This privacy notice was last updated on 4th August 2018 and historic versions can be obtained by contacting us. We may change this privacy notice from time to time by amending this page.